Alyx Arena is a basic area map for Half-Life: Alyx. It is currently in the early alpha/proof of concept stages and many features still need to be completed. The map is being prototyped using the version of Hammer that comes with SteamVR. Expect faster development when the official Half-Life: Alyx version of Hammer is released.
Currently working features include:
- Combine spawner
- Zombie spawner
- Lightning Dog spawner
- Respawning Grenades and ammo
- Respawning Props
- Headcrabs can navigate
- Combine and Zombie navigation does not work (may need to wait for official editor)
- Lighting needs updating (may need to wait for official editor)
- Many more tweaks needed
To play this map copy the contents of the zip file to your Half-Life: Alyx map folder (normally C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life Alyx\game\hlvr\maps). Make sure you can access the developer console. Load the map using the command “map alyxarenatest”.
Other Helpful commands:
- sv_cheats 1 (turn on cheat)
- impuse 101 (give all weapons)
- impuse 102 (give all weapons upgrades)
- sv_infinite_clips 1 (infinite clips)
I only found out how to spawn one Gravity Glove! Grab the error with your left hand to get it. You need to grab weapons with your right hand to use them. Ammo is spawned one second after you pick one up. This logic worked in Half-Life 2 but because you can pick up the same item more than once you can now spawn multiple items!